Would you like to develop innovative products?
Elkem Silicon Products is currently looking for a new Product Specialist to our Silicon Innovation team in Trondheim. The department is responsible for technical support for customers, product development and R&D activities. You will to a large extent be involved in technical dialog with customers, personnel at our production facilities, sales organization and research groups. We deliver silicon to a variety of segments such as silicones, aluminum, electronics, ceramics, and specialties such as silicon to fillers, batteries and heat exchangers.
Most important areas of responsibility:
- Technical support for existing and new customers within defined product segments
- Development of existing and new products including follow of R&D projects
- Systematic development of new markets and customers
- Support plants and sales organization in finding best solution for our customers
- Support Business Director(s) within the related business segment
Qualifications required for the position:
- Master of Science in a technical field, or Bachelor degree with extensive experience
- Experience from product development projects would be an advantage
- Fluent in English and preferably fluent in Norwegian
We are looking for a person with good technical understanding. You must also have good cooperation skills and be solution oriented. In order to succeed in this position, we believe that you must be structured and analytical.
The position reports to Director Product Development and Innovation, Silicon. International travelling will be required.
Telefon +47 951 75 705
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Divisjon: Silicon Products
We at Elkem help solve some of the world’s most important challenges, like climate change, energy security and urbanization. As one of the world’s leading manufacturers of silicones and silicon solutions, we are working to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable future. Elkem has products in the entire value chain from quartz to silicon and specialty silicones, as well as strong market positions in specialty foundry alloys and carbon materials. We employ 6700 employees across 31 plants and sales offices in 28 countries.