Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield: The Things You SHOULD Be Saying Yes To
I almost said “no” to one of the biggest opportunities I’ve ever had, and it would have cost me playing a bigger game as I had committed to.
If you’ve been with me for a while, you know that in 2019 I committed to playing a bigger game, and yet here I was, in 2019, contemplating shooting down an opportunity that allowed me to do just that.
Woah! What the heck was I thinking? Tune in to find out if I actually played a bigger game. Spoiler alert… I did!
In this episode, I’m talking about the opportunities, the kind that we all get, that are scary, exciting, and provide us with the breakthroughs we need to accomplish our goals and jumpstart a life and business that we dream of.
I want you to look out for those opportunities, and even though they may seem terrifying… I want you to have the courage to say “yes” to them.
And while it isn’t as easy as one, two, three, I do have three steps for you to take when you encounter those opportunities to help you find the courage, confidence, and grit to say “yes,” play a bigger game, and step into the big deal that you are.
- Step 1: Ask yourself, “What’s the worst thing that could happen if I take this opportunity?”
- Step 2: Share it with someone who truly knows your goals and aspirations.
- Step 3: Test your reason against fear!
Here’s a glimpse of the episode…
- [05:39] My friend and boss babe, Rachel Hollis, challenged me to speak at her RISE event. And get this, she wanted me to talk about my weight loss journey instead of online marketing! Here’s where it gets interesting, my friend, I wanted to pretend this opportunity was never presented to me. My team, however, had a very different idea
- [12:50] Well, I ended up saying “yes.” And once I did, I felt all of the emotions, including a teeny bit of courage. Here’s what I did next, I felt into my courage so much so that it snuffed out all of my other emotions. The experience ended up being incredible and exactly what I needed to play a bigger game.
- [15:39] Believe it or not, this was an opportunity that gave me direction and courage to step into my full potential. It was truly the evidence that I needed to confirm that I was capable of going big.
- [16:27] Has there been an opportunity that you’ve been shying away from because it seems intimidating? Or because you don’t feel you’re ready? Here’s what I want you to do, I want you to open that door and explore that opportunity.
- [19:46] Can you think of an opportunity right now that is just waiting for you to say “yes?” If you can’t think of anything, be open-minded and watch for one. I have a sneaky feeling it will find you sooner than you think.
- [20:29] When you land on the opportunity, try sitting with it. Ask yourself, “What’s the worst that could happen. What’s the best thing that could happen?” Allow yourself to dream big so that you can start playing a bigger game.
I hope you take the lessons from this episode and apply them to your life and business right away, so this can be the year that you step into your greatest potential!
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
”I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy.” please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Av: Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield