We are Subsea 7, a world-leading seabed-to-surface contractor in the oil, gas and renewable industry. We are collaborative, curious and always open to learn. Our people bring new perspectives and smart technology to some of the most challenging and inspiring energy projects around the world.
Diversity makes us smarter. You will be surrounded by a diverse, international community of experts, who bring different skills and ideas that help us challenge the status quo and inspire innovation.
Proactive participation in the Energy Transition is at the heart of Subsea 7’s evolution. Our target is to achieve Net Zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. By joining Subsea 7, you become part of a team of people leading the way – shaping the subsea future.
SCM Lead / Specialist – Contracts & SCM, Subcontracts
The Supply Chain Management (SCM) function is committed to delivering a cost-effective, value-adding service to its internal and external stakeholders. SCM is responsible for execution of all subcontracting, purchasing and logistic activities in Subsea 7 Norway, and for developing and maintaining strategic supplier relationships that bring long-term value to our business.
The SCM Lead / Specialist will be part of the SCM Subcontract Department and will be responsible for nominated subcontract packages supporting different projects. Depending on the experience of the candidate, the position could also be responsible for the SCM activities on a project, or responsible for the follow-up of one of the categories within SCM Subcontract Department.
Functionally the position reports to the SCM Manager Subcontracts, and in projects the position will report to the Project SCM Manager/Lead. During follow-up of a specific subcontract, other involved functions such as engineering, quality and HSE will report to the SCM Lead / Specialist with regards to the subcontract activities.
- Challenging and exciting responsibilities
- International supplier network
- The SCM Lead/Specialist is overall responsible for the follow-up and delivery of nominated subcontracts, contractual, commercial and technical
- The position will lead the Subcontract Package Team consisting of, in addition to SCM, the Subcontract Package Engineer, Quality Engineer, HSE Engineer and other supporting functions
- Development of the strategy for the award and follow-up of nominated packages, in order to ensure that Subsea 7 gets the best result with regards to the contractual, commercial and technical solution
- Ensure implementation and adherence to all relevant procedures and processes
- The SCM Lead/Specialist shall have a detailed understanding of the subcontracts, and demonstrate a proactive approach to subcontract management
- Keep project personnel aware of obligations and objectives resulting from nominated subcontracts
- Be the Single Point of Contact towards the Subcontractor on all formal communication, be the day-to-day contact for all commercial and contractual communication
- Contribute to implementation of ‘best practice’ in the SCM department, and continuous improvement of work processes and procedures
Some travel activity must be expected.
Key Success Factors:
- Ensure integrity in all Subsea7 SCM activities
- Be able to manage and balance risk, quality and commercial aspects in SCM operations
- Understand and adhere to the overall project requirements, including those of the main contract
- Understanding of the technical and operational aspects of the product/service, and the impact on the project execution
- Degree in Economics, Law and/or Engineering (extensive experience may replace the degree requirement)
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Leadership skills as required for the management of the subcontract package team
- High degree of computer literacy
- Supervisory and management skills.
- Commercial and contractual mindset with a proactive attitude.
- Strong integrity and focused on ethical behaviour
- Structured and organised with good attention to details.
- The ability to organise and prioritise own work and as such have responsibility for discrete work packages ongoing simultaneously.
- Understanding of clients’ needs and ability to suggest and apply “fit for purpose” solutions.
- Clear and effective oral and written communications skills in both Norwegian and English.
We can offer:
- A very good working environment and collaboration culture
- Challenging and exciting workdays
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- Sports clubs and social- and recreational activities for both you and your family
- Workplace flexibility
For queries regarding the position, please contact:
Jan-Rune Larsen Basso, SCM Manager, Subcontracts
Jan.Basso@Subsea7.com / +47 51 72 56 35 or + 47 46 40 07 11
Position SCM Lead / Specialist – Contracts & SCM, Subcontracts
Vacancy ref 79819
Based in Stavanger
Business area Subsea & Conventional
Working hours 37.5 hours per week
Contract type Staff
Closing date 13/03/2022