We are Subsea 7, a world-leading seabed-to-surface contractor in the oil, gas and renewable industry. We are collaborative, curious and always open to learn. Our people bring new perspectives and smart technology to some of the most challenging and inspiring energy projects around the world.
You will be surrounded by a diverse, international community of experts, who bring different skills and ideas that help us challenge the status quo and inspire innovation.
Proactive participation in the Energy Transition is at the heart of Subsea 7’s evolution. Our target is to achieve Net Zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. By joining Subsea 7, you become part of a team of people leading the way – shaping the subsea future.
Project Services Manager
The Project Services Manager will be engaged with commercial and contractual facets of the projects from tendering, through to execution and completion. The Project Services Manager works closely with the Project Manager, Project Engineering Manager and Project Supply Chain Manager as a key member of the project execution management team.
- Highly regarded role with clear career development opportunities within Subsea 7
- Part of the project management team, reporting to the PM and responsible for the Client contract, cost control, planning and DCC functions on the project
- Opportunities to work on Large EPCI projects and Client Alliances
- Part of a well-established team of Contracts professionals in a welcoming, dynamic and fun environment.
- Management of all commercial facets of the project including contract management, planning, document control, risk and cost management
- Ensure compliance with the Client Contract and Subsea 7 procedures, with the support of the project commercial team
- Promote the Project Services function within the project, ensuring all team members are commercially and contractually aware
- Ensure that the project revenue and profit is optimized in liaison with the Project Manager, with due consideration for company-wide requirements and seeking opportunities to improve project performance, both through additional work and optimization of existing scope
- Identify risks and opportunities, advise the team accordingly, and identify corrective action in order to mitigate the risk or realise the opportunity
- Support the project SCM team, to help ensure that procurement and subcontracts are conducted and managed in compliance with the Client contract and cost control procedures
- Work together with SCM to establish and negotiate Subcontracts
- Ensure that the Project Manager is provided with support and advice with regards to Cost Control, Planning and Document Control
- Fulfil the contract management role on the project, ensuring compliance with contract obligations and timely notifications
- Manage project interfaces with legal, insurance personnel and contract management as appropriate when dealing with client disputes, insurance cases etc.
- Lead the change management process to identify change, in association with the project team
- Degree (financial/economical, engineering, law). Extensive relevant experience may replace the requirement for a degree
- Minimum 5 years relevant previous experience
- Contractual and commercial interest and knowledge
- Experience in dealing with disputes and negotiations with Client and/ or Subcontractors
- Technical interest
- Market interest and knowledge
- Demonstrates financial awareness; controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value. Identifies business opportunities for the organisation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Enjoys a dynamic working environment and ability to multi-task
- Relates well to people at all levels and easily establishes good client relations
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually with a minimum of supervision
- Understanding of clients’ needs and ability to suggest and apply “fit for purpose” solutions
We can offer:
- A very good working environment and collaboration culture
- Challenging and exciting workdays
- Personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- Sports clubs and social- and recreational activities for both you and your family
- Workplace flexibility
For queries regarding the position, please contact:
Head of Contracts, Norway
Phone: +47 51 72 58 98