Eager to start your career in an innovative global company, creating sustainable solutions for tomorrow?
We are looking for tomorrow’s technical experts, with passion for sustainability, technology and continuous improvement. As our technical trainee, you will take part in our innovative projects to increase the sustainability and efficiency of our operations across the world.
In our two-year technical trainee program, you will be given challenging work assignments and projects, a personal mentor and an individual development plan. This is a unique opportunity for personal and professional development and an excellent way to kick-start your career in the processing industry.
The main work assignments will be based on your competence and interests, and could include:
- Operation-related issues, based on continuous improvement
- Research and development projects on processes and products
- Environmental and energy efficiency projects to increase sustainability
- The work assignments will vary according to the needs of the receiving unit
Qualifications required for the position:
- Recent graduates with maximum two years of relevant work experience
- Master of Science with great academic results in Materials technology, mechanical engineering, electro, energy & environment, cybernetics, nanotechnology, mechatronics, physics or chemical engineering
- Good communication skills in English and/or a Scandinavian language, preferably Norwegian
- Flexible when it comes to tasks and geographical mobility
To thrive as a trainee in Elkem, we believe that you should be highly motivated to join a challenging and exciting trainee program where you will get to know many new colleagues and learn a lot about how we work. You have excellent cooperation skills, show initiative, and take responsibility for your tasks. In order to succeed in the role of trainee, it is important that you have outstanding analytical skills and quickly become familiar with new disciplines and topics. You are curious and eager to learn and have a great desire to contribute to development and continuous improvement.
You can read more about the graduate program on our website, and here you will also find our inspiring trainee blog.
Feel free to write your application in English or Norwegian.
We conduct background checks of candidates in our recruitment process.
Region: Oslo, Troms og Finnmark, Trøndelag, Agder, Vestland, Nordland
Catherine Holme Barry,
Mobil: +47 94978257
Rolf Sørbø (Traineekoordinator),
Tlf.: +47 38017256
Mobil: +47 91638960