Scientist Cell Therapy
SCIENTIST CELL THERAPY
Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
We turn ideas into life changing medicines.
We’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
When we see an opportunity for change we seize it and make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial – finding those moments and recognising their potential.
We believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
AstraZeneca’s Oncology Cell Unit
AstraZeneca’s is a leader in Oncology with a global footprint and ability to deliver best in class medicines both small and large molecules to the market. With the new leadership under the unified Oncology R&D, the company has prioritized to invest in cutting edge technology. One area of significant investment is to build internal infrastructure to be a leader in next generation cellular therapy products in Oncology. Leveraging historical expertise in biologics engineering, gene editing and immune expertise across solid and heme malignancies, Astrazeneca is uniquely positioned to develop the best technologies for cellular therapies and is already growing a differentiated pipeline. Backed by senior leadership, the newly formed Oncology Cell Unit will utilize the best expertise within Astrazeneca while allowing for the rapid expansion of cellular therapy research and development.
Join the newly formed Astrazeneca’s Oncology Cell Unit and be part of building an innovative pipeline and deliver potentially high impact treatments to patients.
— We’re always striving for better innovation and our managers always encourage creativity, productivity and thinking outside the box. Developing new technologies helps us to do those things and more.
Day in the life of the Scientist Cell Therapy
The Scientist Cell Therapy conducts routine drug discovery research experiments independently by applying the techniques of molecular and cellular biology, communicates the results to team members and is involved in the interpretation of data.
- Supports a team and works collaboratively with project managers to ensure the efficient relay of information and forward translation of data
- Maintains a well-developed understanding of approaches to drug discovery and applies a broader functional knowledge of the procedures used by diverse project groups to support the department where needed
- Assesses and reports data, with little or no guidance, in a clear and concise manner, with a clear understanding of its implications within the overall context of drug discovery
- Provides technical instruction to the team and allocates administrative work where possible
- Shares relevant external published papers with peers
- Communicates and shares information between distinct projects within the bioscience function and across other functions
- Ensures own work, and work of peers, is compliant with Good Laboratory Practice, Safety, Health and Environment standards and all other relevant internal AstraZeneca standards and external regulations
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Background in drug discovery and development in the pharmaceutical industry
- Well-developed understanding of molecular and cellular biology, immunological assays and cell transfection/transduction
- Basic experience developing cellular therapies including CAR-T/CAR-NK, TCR-T therapies, and/or TIL therapies.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Multicolour flow cytometry
- Transfection/transduction and expansion of primary cells
- In vivo skillset including animal handling, mouse tumor models, standard routes of dosing and engraftment.
- Advanced cell culture techniques
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.