People & Development Assistant (Surrey)
People & Development Assistant
We exist to take risk and complexity out of IT so that businesses can focus and thrive. They can Consider IT Done. We seek to understand business drivers so we can provide tailored solutions that enhance employee experience, improve productivity, and support organizational goals. We value innovation, effort, and results and are looking for people who have the desire to drive our organization forward.
The People & Development (P&D) Assistant has a passion for HR and a desire for growth. Working with the other members of the P&D team you eagerly direct incoming inquiries and support with various HR projects. You have an optimistic, approachable energy that you carry into your interactions with our employees and are always willing to lend a helping hand.
What You Will Be Doing
- The initial point of contact for all HR requests, you leverage our ticketing system to assess and assign which P&D resource can provide the best support
- As you deepen your understanding of our employee policies, you respond to inquiries including liaising with our benefits providers to get employees the answers they need
- Reporting to the Director of P&D, you provide updates on the status of requests and work allocation whenever needed
- Always looking to improve, you refine HR administrative processes to improve employee experience and increase efficiencies
- With a genuine curiosity and an eagerness to learn, you complete tasks delegated by the People Specialists. This includes, for example, pre-screening resumes for potential candidates, organizing logistics for new hire onboarding, and coordinating the timing and resources required for training
- Like the rest of the P&D team, you look for opportunities to create a welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and fun environment for our employees. Whether it’s organizing team contests, coordinating a variety of social events, celebrating employee milestones, or brainstorming new ways to get together, you’re excited to help our employees connect to our culture
- You keep your eyes and ears peeled for moments that illustrate what it means to be a part of F12. You help organize the information for our social team to share with a larger audience
- Building on your HR knowledge, you assist with a variety of HR projects and actively participate in the design and implementation of new initiatives
Who You Are
- Friendly and approachable, you prioritize building relationships and creating an exceptional employee experience.
- A fast learner, you ask questions, grasp concepts quickly, and create the resources needed to tackle similar challenges
- Leveraging your organization and multi-tasking skills, you create simple solutions to improve productivity
- You’re known for bringing unique and fun ideas into the workplace. You have experience supporting others design and execute culture-building events
- With 1-2 years of experience in an office environment, you understand standards for professionalism and have strong administrative skills
- You have an HR certificate, diploma or are working towards the completion of post-secondary education in HR. Previous work experience in HR is an asset
- A model of core HR principal, you display integrity, sensitivity, and tact when dealing with difficult challenges. You demonstrate discretion and maintain confidentiality regardless of the situation
What You Can Expect from Us
We take pride in our forward-thinking, dynamic culture that champions diversity and inclusivity and fosters a respectful working environment. We also want to make sure that however you get IT done in all parts of your life, we’ve got your back. Here are some of the components of our total rewards plan:
✓ Health Spending or RRSP Matching
✓ Three weeks vacation plus extra Flex Days
✓ Flexible Work Arrangements
✓ Reimbursements for educational advancement and certifications
✓ Leadership development opportunities and growth coaching
Do You Have What IT Takes?
In your cover letter, we would love to hear about your experiences related to this position, and how you would like to develop professionally and personally with us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Refer a friend!
Do you know someone who you think would be a perfect fit for this position? Share this link with them to help them get their dream job!