Director of DC Operations
When you work with us, there is no such thing as work
Enjoying your career is our priority
Your work matters: When you feel engaged in a dynamic and caring work culture, your performance, pride, and loyalty skyrocket the company and its clients to success. Every contribution you make takes us one step closer to achieving our goals.
Never stop growing: We are dedicated to not only the growth and success of our company but of YOU as well. Companies grow when the people inside them grow first. You will join a team of driven individuals who have a boundless capacity to learn and grow.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package (Dental, Massage, Orthotics)
- Health Spending or RRSP Matching
- 3 weeks vacation, plus extra Flex days
- Travel opportunities
- A fast-growing company where you can work across Canada
- Pristine office
Lead Change as the Director of DC Operations
As a self-starter, you will assure the successful execution of the company’s mission through development, deployment, and support of operations. With your passion for technology, it’s important you identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that supports the success of the business. Apply your analytical and communication skills as you collaborate to create an IT strategy based on objectives and a mission to deliver innovative solutions to seize business opportunities. Cultivate relationships with all departments as you develop an understanding of cross-functional business processes and a roadmap to improve them.
Unlike other DC Operations Directors, you won’t be managing from a distance and will be working closely with the CTO. You are someone who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and get involved with the hands-on side of DC Operations. We support your growth of knowledge – that’s why we attend conferences to maintain up-to-date technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development. Share F12’s values, mission, and vision as you continue to grow your peers as well as yourself. If you can balance between leadership and hands-on execution, F12 has a long-term, rewarding career is waiting for you.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all services
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for delivering the company’s services
- Development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements)
- Management of securing data communication within sites and to the outside world
- Management of Network, Voice and Data across wide area network
- Development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and operation of the data center critical environment, equipment and space
- Formulate and implement the preventative and predictive maintenance program
- Ensure maintenance schedules within the data center are conducted to the best industry standards
Experience You Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years in years’ experience leading large infrastructure support, critical data center, and network operations programs using the ITIL
- 15+ years of experience of overall network topology, network security, internet, intranet, extranet technologies, and operating systems
- Extensive experience conducting equipment firmware, operating system upgrades, patching network devices, and managing preventative and communication room maintenance on the data center
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations
- Ability to handle detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously and makes rapid decisions regarding technology issues
- Strong understanding of BC/DR tools, standards, and leading practices; solid knowledge of BC/DR and data retention methodologies and frameworks; experience developing BC/DR test plans and scripts
- Experience and understanding of UPS systems, HVAC systems, and other physical infrastructure associated with temperature control and power systems
- Ability to analyze, understand, formulate, and explain the value proposition of security and BC/DR planning initiatives
- Identify, plan and supervise activities for multiple, large-scale data center facilities projects and develops data center infrastructure implementation plans
- Identify trends to deliver technology operations including data center planning, resource management and optimization (space, power, and cooling)
Do You Have What IT Takes?
In your cover letter, we would love to hear about your experiences related to this position, and how you would like to develop professionally and personally with us. We look forward to hearing from you!