IT Project Technician – Tier 2
IT Project Technician – Tier 2
We exist to take risk and complexity out of IT so that businesses can focus and thrive. They can Consider IT Done. We seek to understand business drivers so we can provide tailored solutions that enhance employee experience, improve productivity, and support organizational goals. We value innovation, effort, and results and are looking for people who have the desire to drive our organization forward.
What You Will Be Doing
- Answer, document and manage communication around Tier 1 and Tier 2 Service Desk inquiries, incidents, and service requests (via phone, email, etc.) through our service management system for all customers
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships with the highest standards of professionalism
- Monitor support queues in real-time
- Provide high levels of customer service every day by following up with clients with timely updates and resolutions in a courteous and professional way, by closing tickets in a timely manner and by escalating issues and concerns appropriately to the right teams and management when required
- Ensure all solutions/fixes are documented and kept up-to-date in our service management system
- Maintain client published and internal documentation for client instructions and procedures
- Troubleshoot, research, repair and upgrade existing infrastructure and applications when required
- Assist in planning, testing and deploying new infrastructure and applications
- Provide min 40 hour work week + after hours/weekend tasks (~ 5% when required)
Who You Are
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Computer Systems Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three or more years of related experience working in both a telephone service desk support and client facing support role
- Good working knowledge of computer software, hardware, and networks; Certifications in Microsoft, Citrix or ITIL are beneficial
- Support experience with Windows desktop operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, Microsoft Office, Citrix Receiver
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Considerable skill in communicating with and serving customers in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to work well with others in a team-oriented, collaborative and directed environment
- Superior written and oral communication skills and proven ability to define, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
What You Can Expect from Us
We take pride in our forward-thinking, dynamic culture that champions diversity and inclusivity and fosters a respectful working environment. We also want to make sure that however you get IT done in all parts of your life, we’ve got your back. Here are some of the components of our total rewards plan:
✓ Health Spending or RRSP Matching
✓ Three weeks vacation plus extra Flex Days
✓ Flexible Work Arrangements
✓ Reimbursements for educational advancement and certifications
✓ Leadership development opportunities and growth coaching
Do You Have What IT Takes?
In your cover letter, we would love to hear about your experiences related to this position, and how you would like to develop professionally and personally with us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Refer a friend!
Do you know someone who you think would be a perfect fit for this position? Share this link with them to help them get their dream job!