Information Systems Developer
Information Systems Developer
We exist to take risk and complexity out of IT so that businesses can focus and thrive. They can Consider IT Done. We seek to understand business drivers so we can provide tailored solutions that enhance employee experience, improve productivity, and support organizational goals. We value innovation, effort, and results and are looking for people who have the desire to drive our organization forward.
The Information Systems Developer is the ‘builder of F12’. The Information Systems Developer role is an essential key in ensuring the organization’s applications are updated and providing accurate data to its employees. The Information Systems developer goes beyond writing code by designing interfaces and applying creative flair as you develop experiences users love. You will be designing new products and features while maintaining and enhancing existing systems. Your focus is on achieving new efficiencies in business workflows and serving the broader team as an expert in business productivity.
What You Will Be Doing
- Converting requirements and functional specifications to technical design with effort estimation and doing development for the same
- Assist in the management of software development projects including requirements gathering, documenting software specifications, and tracking work items and bugs
- Writing, modifying, integrating, and testing application source code against defined specifications
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and communicating technical problems, processes, and solutions to both technical and non-technical staff
- Working with the .NET Framework and object-oriented programming language C#
- Developing software using Visual Studio and software under Git version control
- Using MVC and/or web API application development
- Developing user interface (UI/UX) design including wireframe development for web-based applications
Who You Are
- Passion for technical innovation, continuous process improvement and the acquisition of new skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience in application architecture, development, and design
- Solid knowledge of .NET 3.5 (or higher) including ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, web and windows services
- Experience with MSSQL including database design, T-SQL and query optimization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
What You Can Expect from Us
We take pride in our forward-thinking, dynamic culture that champions diversity and inclusivity and fosters a respectful working environment. We also want to make sure that however you get IT done in all parts of your life, we’ve got your back. Here are some of the components of our total rewards plan:
✓ Health Spending or RRSP Matching
✓ Three weeks vacation plus extra Flex Days
✓ Flexible Work Arrangements
✓ Reimbursements for educational advancement and certifications
✓ Leadership development opportunities and growth coaching
✓ Travel opportunities
Do You Have What IT Takes?
In your cover letter, we would love to hear about your experiences related to this position, and how you would like to develop professionally and personally with us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Refer a friend!
Do you know someone who you think would be a perfect fit for this position? Share this link with them to help them get their dream job!