CNS Business Lead
CNS Business Lead
Orion Corporation operates in more than 20 countries, where we Orionees, 3200 in total, work in various positions from early discovery to commercialization of products, including all important areas of pharma business. We offer diverse and responsible jobs to our personnel in a truly multi-disciplinary work environment. We encourage people to develop their competences and offer opportunities to affect the job description and creating their own career path at Orion. We are searching for top talents who are ready to share our passion for the work that we do.
We are currently looking for a candidate to a key position to create and lead implementation of CNS business growth strategy and ensure profitability of the business both short and long-run by commercializing new products to global markets.
For this role we seek an energetic, insightful person with 10+ years of relevant experience, strong business sense, and demonstrated management and leadership skills to join a collaborative and highly professional team, with a focus on the CNS business. You have a natural desire to influence others. As a self-guided proactive person you are openly taking personal responsibility for the decisions and actions related to your duties. You take a broad perspective, by benchmarking externally and leveraging learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future needs. The selected person in this position will report to Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations.
- to create and lead implementation of CNS business growth strategy and ensure profitability of the business both short and long-run by commercializing new products to global markets.
- Lead and build the team of professionals
Your other responsibilities:
- Act as a champion of the business strategy to key stakeholders and top management
- Implement business strategy across line functions and other relevant parties
- Facilitate decision making and resource planning for projects and products within line functions according to the strategy
- Overall responsibility for commecialisation of Orion’s ALS product in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide guidance on business specific product portfolio development
- Guide the evaluation of in-licensing candidate business cases
- Responsible for current and future partnership business related matters and contacts in CNS together with Partner Sales
- Develop global marketing strategy for Orion’s CNS proprietary products in collaboration with Global Marketing function
- Secure profitability of the business according to agreed (OEMB/Board of Directors) EBIT and sales goals
- Responsible for pricing strategy for CNS brand/products
The position will be based in Finland, but the location can also be negotiated (for example, you may be located in Stockholm or Copenhagen).
Description of unit
Commercial Operations is in charge of selling Orion’s human pharmaceuticals globally. We are over 700 people in 26 countries in Europe, outside Europe we operate mainly through partners.We have currently approx. 60 partners via which the Orion products are sold in more than 100 countries. Additionally, Proprietary Products business division is part of Commercial Operations. Proprietary Products comprises of three sub-businesses; CNS, Easyhaler and Respiratory, and Oncology and Hospital Care. Global Marketing and Market Access&Business support work in close collaboration with business and sales operations. CNS business has been in the core of Orion Pharma for several years – or even decades – with Parkinson’s Disease products Comtess and Stalevo. Currently, Orion has an interesting phase 3 program ongoing in ALS. Results are expected tha latter half of the year. We are currently expanding the CNS team and it will be global.
We expect you to have:
- Advanced marketing/medical/scientific degree and a thorough comprehension of financial/business aspects related to CNS business and/or rare diseases
- 10 years industry experience and practice in various capacities in the industry. Experience in business/marketing environment is recommended.
- Track record of successful product launches in the US and/or Europe
- Experience in working in strategic partnerships
- Evidence to lead a team successfully
The following qualities help you to succeed in the job:
- Experience in leadership positions
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical business
- Ability to drive for success and enthusiasm in finding for new opportunities
- Highly effective interpersonal, planning, organizing and leadership skills
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external cross-functional teams
- Experience in working in international environment
- Excellent communication/presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently or in a team
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions that support business needs and align with company values
- Fluency in English Excellent networking, presentation and communication skills in English with high impact
- Flexibility in working style and hours, as stakeholders are in different time zones.
- Strict adherence to Orion’s values, policies and business ethics
bility to work both in a strategic big-picture mode as well as tactically, including the capability to “roll up one’s sleeves” and work comfortably with details.
You will work with very wide cross-functional network within the company and also among partner companies, Key Opinion Leaders and patient organisations. In this position you will play a key part in developing Orion’s CSN business for following decade. We offer a challenging field of work with excellent colleagues and the chance to do meaningful work and build the future of Orion. We are striving for excellence in everything we do. We succeed, learn together and appreciate each other. You’ll be empowered to deliver value.
Are you the person we are looking for? To apply, please send your CV and application by 01.03.2020.
For more information please contact Satu Ahomäki, Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations, tel. +358 50 966 7616. Best available on 14.2.2020 at 16–18 or 18.2.2020 at 12–18 Finnish time.
Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment. We will also carry out a security clearance prior to the employment for the selected person.